View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Unlike most of the veteran adventure gamers on this forum, I grew up playing action platformers on the Master system and Megadrive before adventures.

Currently, I play action adventures such as Psychonauts, Tomb Raider Legends, Silent Hill and Shadow of the Colossus. I've just bought Okami and I'll play that as soon as I feel like it. I like these games as they tend to be the most involving games in gameplay and story, and generally not mindlessly violent. That being said I do play the odd FPS game when they have beautiful, bright locations (i.e. Farcry) and I love the Max Payne games.

I love most multiplayer Nintendo gamecube/ Wii games - Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Monkey Ball Banana Blitz.

I used to play RPGs before adventure games, but I'm a person who loves original storytelling, and most RPGs are too cliched so I switched to AGs. The last few RPGs I played were Stella Deus, Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) and Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (and its crappy sequel).
Its very strange I love all the RPG games but it never occured to me that they are cliched, the last RPG game I played was dragon quest and it was just like the one I played before it star ocean [stories a bit different but basically the same]...the questing does get a little hard to bare after awhile but I still enjoy the quirky character they have...and also the weird names they have for the things you have to fight.