View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
Is it short enough for you to write it up here? I'd be interested in hearing it.
He explained the teapot in a nutshell (...oh, ha!) on an NPR interview. I'll look it up and transcribe it very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
I always thought it was funny how people who prove that something can't exist that couldn't be proven to exist to begin with.
Well, we all know of those magic tricks involving smoke and mirrors and sophistry, don't we? Still, it's amazing how something imaginary (that is, unsubstantiated by scientific evidence) could be so powerful as to cause the massacre of millions and millions and millions of people over the course of millenia.

I'm also bemused as to how powerful and destructive these three 'cults' (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and, if you count Mormonism, makes four) have become considering that they essentially came from exactly the same source, and that the core principles, which are still being practiced today literally unchanged and unchallenged (frightening), began in the Bronze Age!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien