View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #2371
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Recently I went on a rent spree (well, in my scale) and I've watched Borat, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Da Vinci Code. Still need to see the new Bond (for some reason I've scared away from actually going to the movies, though maybe that's because of the unbelievably superior quality of our movie theater...

I can't see why people have been (excuse me if this is an over-statement) thrashing Da Vinci Code. I mean, I think it does its job - it depicts the book just fine. You can't expect it to be something ground-breaking. Sure they left some things (mainly tensions) out, but I don't see that being such a horrible thing. And the actors did a nice job too (you know, when I read the book and imagined Bezu Fache, it was that very actor that I related him to...)

And the rest of the movies were good too Borat of course and while Pirates... was more darker than the first one in my opinion (and it felt a bit different otherwise too) it still delivered what it promised well. And Johnny Depp's acting is of course fantastic as Jack Sparrow, and I especially love his bawdy jokes that he can make without actually saying anything (just with the expressions in response to comments - they're all over the place and I probably missed like a half of them).

(I really shouldn't write late at night )