View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #248
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Dreamfall. Oh boy. From hating it to loving it to hating it again.

I so wanted to like it, but unfortunately, it's a really bad "game" with just a handful of positive things about it. After the middle part which seemed like it would finally kick everything into high gear, Dreamfall again became a rather boring movie with badly realized characters blabbering like there's no tomorrow. Kian is particularly half-baked and his transformation was completely unconvincing.

The story is a mess and Tornquist's directing is responsible for some unbelievably pathetic scenes. I'm sad to say that as a storyteller he falls way short. His fantasy is a simplistic imitation of Gaiman and other more talented authors, with clichés sticking out all over the place. There's even a tortured little girl with paranormal abilities. Wow... Pass the bucket, please.

I enjoyed TLJ quite a bit, even if it wasn't a flawless game. There were hints of greatness about it and I really hoped Tornquist would blow me away with his next project. Unfortunately, almost the completely opposite thing happened. I'm still willing to give him some benefit of the doubt, but isn't it ironic that playing Dreamfall has made me lose my faith?