View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #17443
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
There's the problem. Some people struggle with ply.... poool.....pally......... words with more than one bit in them.

Not that I'm picking out any particular nationality here.

They regularly do those kind of things here in Germany. Of course, usually they pick out the most stupid answers, and only show that. Like that one time they asked people at the Travel convention in Berlin. They showed them pictures of known monuments, and asked them if they knew the monument's name, and where they were to be found. One of the pictures was the Berlin Victory Column. The person they asked placed it in the wrong place (I think somewhere in Italy), even though that monument was actually just a few hundred meters from the convention building away. You could actually *see* the pillar from the building.

Another couple (actually they had just asked the woman, but she called her husband over for support) was even worse. They thought the Statue of Christ from Rio De Janeiro was the Statue of Liberty, and do you know where they place it? Spain.

But another one of those things they did about the human body, and the answers they showed were representative of all the answers they got. One teenager thought the lungs were a kind of stomach. The heart is what we breathe with, and the clavicle was in the knee (though I forgive them for this answer. Not everyone has heard of the clavicle.). They also asked a woman where her prostate was, and she actually pointed to about the place where her kidneys should be (of course, women do not have a prostate).
Also, one woman believed that the body contains 12 litres of blood - I know that it'a 4-5 litres, but I know that that's one of the questions that not everyone knows the exact answer to (but I wonder how one would fit 12 litres into the body), *BUT* that woman admitted to being a Nurse! At least she had the decency to be ashamed to have answered incorrectly.

But luckily, usually those answers are not representative.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!