View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 03:48 AM   #33
colpet
Easily amused

Quote:
For me, the most interesting line was at the beginning of the chapter. Mephisto says that there is a difference in being "attached" to someone than being "bound." He goes on to say that couples (who are "bound") have a more difficult time staying together because things (material items? other people?) get in the way of their stability (I paraphrase, and even reinterpret... ). How do other people feel about this? Despite the obvious reference to chapter 1 and the "bound" twins, did anyone find it an interesting comment on life and relationships?
Good point, and welcome to the forum .
When Jody and Lily were attached, they had to compromise, literally they could not live without the other. Greed (their sin) couldn't take root unless it was something they shared together, like their obsession with money. Mephisto needed to separate them to allow them the freedom to choose how far they would go . In Jody's case, her greed was enough to commit murder for.
I, too, am unsure of why Jody confessed, other than it would have been near impossible for her to explain the disappearance of her sister.

Does anyone know what the PACT means in the bottom left of the menu screen? Also, I would have thought that the signed Mephisto note from the skull would be more EVIDENCE than the lottery ticket.

Last edited by colpet; 03-15-2007 at 04:52 AM.