View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 AM   #32
Kurufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I was kind of unsure about that one. From the clips etc I didn't get the impression she would have felt any regret or remorse. After all she killed her and divided her into little bits. She only wanted the money all to herself.
Exactly, I'm not sure I fully understand her either. I guess that she reacted very rashly when she killed her, under both the influence of her greed and the feeling of being fed up with that sister she had been bound to all her life (when you see her cutting up the body, you can see in the way she does it that she's venting some anger that had been piling up for years). And yet it seems to me that, in the end, when she got time to think and realise what had happened, she probably regretted her actions and started missing her sister, whom she probably cared for more than she realised. What I find interesting is that, while definitely being a greedy bitch, she's not altogether evil or heartless.

Obviously, Mephisto acted like a sneaky bastard. By appealing at once to both her greed and annoyance with her sister, he really brought out the worst in her and made her commit an action that could not be undone. I guess that's his job, and he did it superbly this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchgamer View Post
Hello to everyone at AG. I am new here, but I had to sign up when I read about the game discussion. I enjoy hearing different opinions about a game and also enjoy sharing my own.
Welcome to the forums.

Quote:
For me, the most interesting line was at the beginning of the chapter. Mephisto says that there is a difference in being "attached" to someone than being "bound." He goes on to say that couples (who are "bound") have a more difficult time staying together because things (material items? other people?) get in the way of their stability (I paraphrase, and even reinterpret... ). How do other people feel about this? Despite the obvious reference to chapter 1 and the "bound" twins, did anyone find it an interesting comment on life and relationships?
Definitely. I'm a very independent person and absolutely need my daily dose of loneliness and privacy, and that need is stronger than bonds of friendship or love. So I can completely understand Mephisto's point -- and he definitely played the right card with the twins.

Quote:
Please forgive me, if my opinions go beyond what is normally discussed. I enjoying "overanalyzing" games, books, movies, plays, etc. like this.
Don't worry, I think Faust is meant to be analysed a lot.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]