View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #29
buddi

Okay, I'm back with a few more comments.

I like to know as little as possible when coming in to a game - I don't read the back of books or watch previews either - so I just installed the game and plunged in with no backstory. The first significant thing I clicked on was the strainer and suddenly wow... I'm in another time and place and siamese twins are crawling around looking for nickels. I felt like I was really exploring something, walking around the caravan collecting some things, but mostly piecing together the story.

Like others, I found some irritating bugs that the patch doesn't seem to fix. The first time I started playing I had very choppy audio and I seemed to miss some cut scenes. I'm still not sure if it was a bug or if I missed something, but some how the first time through I managed to miss the tooth and the bit about the skull, all though I had sifted through all of the ashes and done everything else in the scene. I couldn't figure out how to go on and I feared I was developing a toilet fixation. In the end, I started over to fix my audio problems and somehow managed to catch the tooth the second time round. The controls are a little quirky, but on the bright side, it adds to that "no idea what's going to happen" whenever you touch something.

The gazebo at the end of chapter 1 had me hung up for along time. I spun in circles til I was dizzy, constantly wandering all over to see if anything changed. I went through every screen at least three times before I found the switch *blush*

Very interested to find out what is going on in this game. I am looking forward to playing on!