View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #899
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Did your grandmother pass on, Kolzsie? My deepest sympathy, then. I'm sure she was quite a woman of substance that it affects you profoundly. As I always say during times like this, you and family have been blessed with such an exquisite soul as she, so in her passing I think she probably also wanted you to feel a bit of celebration - for you in her life, and for her in your life.

That reminds me, this weekend will the be one year anniversary of my Dad's passing, which will be one month after I had moved here from Oregon to, ironically, help Nanay take care of him. I have a sneaky suspicion he planned it that way so that it would be Nanay who I'll take care, as he himself knew it was time to bow out after accomplishing so much in his life. So all three of my sisters will be coming here to visit, and two of my brothers. And of course, a few of my nieces and nephews. It's gonna be fun, remembrance through good times.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien