Thread: RAM Question
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 03:57 AM   #1
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default RAM Question

Guys,

I'm in need of some more RAM for my relatively new notebook, and the stuff from the old one isn't compatible. And so I have a question for you (apologies if there's already a proper thread for this kind of thing)...

At the moment I've found the stuff I want to get here. My question is this: I already have 512MB, and I have room for one more SODIMM. How much of an issue is RAM compatibility between brands these days? Because I'm a cheapskate, I'd quite like to go up to 1.5Gb of RAM for £60 rather than paying £120 to go up to 2Gb, but both the make and size of the RAM chips would be different if I was to only add one SODIMM of this stuff.

So, um, yeah. How many problems should I expect to get if I mix RAM? I'm prepared to pay more for the higher amount, but only if it's really seriously recommended.

Many thanks for reading.

(My current RAM is, courtesy of the notebook manufaturer's support people: 1 x Infinion 512Mb DDR SDRAM 200pin (PC2700). Note also that postage is free no matter which option I go for, so I could purchase another SODIMM at a later stage with ease.)

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.