View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #2241
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Lies.Inc

I really, really hope this film never ever gets released in an english speaking country.. A French director and french crew making a futuristic movie with Norwegian actors speaking English.. What the hell were they thinking?!?

There are actually quite a few norwegians that can talk english here in Norway, but they apparently managed to hire all the actors they could find that couldn't.. One person spoke near good english in this movie, and she had three lines!

An other thing that really bothered me, was that the person who had written the script, couldn't write english either! Several of the sentences where wrong, and they often used the wrong words etc. If it hadn't had norwegian text I would probably have lost half the dialogue, both because of their horrible pronunciations, and the way the sentences was built up.

I understand that this is a B-movie, but putting it in Oslo with just a few small cd-disks and flashing lights as props doesn't really make it especially futuristic. I also felt that it wasn't especially clear on what message it wanted to convey..

I'm really embarrassed that this movie could be viewed by english speaking ppl.

We laughed us through it..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery