View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Coop
I needed a dare

I just finished the game yesterday and it was good. Like wilco mentioned there aren’t many puzzles and they are easy but the game was good. The story/writing may not have been the greatest but it was very enjoyable. I dont feel like writing a whole lote so i'll use + and -.

+Enjoyable Story
+Great Characters , each with their own unique personality. Kyle, Louie and Rosa were my top 3 favorite characeters
+Music was great. It may sound like elevator music but I couldn’t get it out of my head
+Unique use of the stylus and DS
+Notebook…I wish more adventure games would have this
+Good ending which seems to be rare in adventure games these days lol

-Game over- Say one thing wrong the game could be over
-Very very very very text heavy
-Might be the most linear adventure game I’ve played
-Predicitable story at times
-Cant pickup some items intill you need them for a puzzle
-HD can be tedious at times. Like interacting with Maya… you give her you’re notebook so she can write something then she gives it back to you. Then you have to open the notebook. It may seem little but it got on my nerves after the fourth time. There are other things like
Spoiler:
trying to find out which wine Helen(???) drank

?Easy puzzles but they are logical

I’d give the game about a 7. Hotel Dusk is Probably my favorite DS adventure game but I’ve haven’t played the new PW game yet. I usually don’t mind games that are more story focused than puzzles so that is something to keep in mind. I would say the game is 85% story and 15% puzzles. Maybe even higher for the story!

Last edited by Coop; 02-17-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spoiler tagged the spoiler