View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
AAlgar
Hollow voice says "fool."

Default Research help: worst adventure game moments of all time (early 80's-early 90's)

Greetings, everyone. I'm doing a bit of research for a possible upcoming project, and you people seem like the best group to help me out. (And no, this is not some kind of form letter insisting that YOU, INSERT NAME ARE THE GREATEST GAMING BOARD ON THE INTERNET! I promise.)

What I'm looking for are some of the most cringe-worthy moments from adventure gaming history (specifically from the early 80s to the early 90s) — the worst puzzles, the most ridiculous plot twists, the most maddening interfaces.

I'm not here to provoke creator-bashing or anything like that — saying that Roberta Williams loved to torment us with winding cliffs is not saying that Roberta Williams is a hack. She's not. She's a lovely lady who earned a place next to Jim Henson and George Lucas in my childhood entertainment pantheon. I just hated her $#@! winding cliff sequences.

In the course of researching this possible project, I've been focusing on the big three of classic adventuring: Lucas, Sierra and Infocom. I definitely need to broaden my scope a bit, and that's where you folks come in. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time! Seriously, Adventure Gamers audiences are the greatest audiences in the world!