View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
wilco

Default Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Shame there is no Hotel Dusk official thread, so I finished the game yesterday and had to start one.

Offical site

It's from Cing, the creators of Another Code and in my opinion it's a big step up from their first game.
This game is being described as an interactive novel and it really fits this description, it's heavy on the story, characters and dialogue. The puzzles are a bit on the easy side and not really original if you played Another Code- but they do make sense!

The first thing to notice is the original art style, with animated drawings that mixture black and white with colours that really set up a different experience. The little animations for each character transmit the players their personality and feelings very well - it's impossible not to smile when little Melissa starts jumping up and down!.

It's about 15 hours long, I think, with different endings (2 at least), and the pacing is great with a slow start for the first chapters that allows you to really get to know the characters, even is they aren't crutial to the main story. Oh, there are some Game Overs sometimes that mainly appear in some important dialogues, but you usually resume it right before the dialogue started and it gives a sense that it is important to think what to ask.

I should not get into the story, just to say I liked it a lot with a well thought ending...

So in the ending - buy it if you have a DS or why haven't you bought a DS if you like adventures?

I'm probably missing a lot of stuff, so impressions are welcome!