View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #22
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

On a more serious note, I personally think cynicism is bullshit and overrated. I prefer to think of myself as wise (which is a far different world). Thus, V Day may have had capitalistic origins (hell, what occasion doesn't anymore?) but that doesn't mean we should abandon any true and deep sentiment to express affection towards each other, at this time or any other time.

If we needn't wait for this day in February to do that, then why aren't there more loving threads here at any other time of year? And why wait til V Day to complain about it when you can whine any time you like? Taken in that sense, it's as if the cynics actually need V Day for that purpose.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien