View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Ooh, cool! My review's getting picked apart already!
Oh no, I'd give your review 4 stars, 4.5 maybe. This is how I write about things I like.

Quote:
Regarding graphics, you make a good point, and that's exactly why I tried my best not to sound too subjective and absolute in my assessment. (Of course, it's impossible for game reviews to be completely objective, but that's best saved for another discussion.)

For the record, I thought Sam & Max looked great, particularly given the character animations, lip-synch, and varying camera angles. But then, I did get to see all the hard work happen behind the scenes when I worked at Telltale, meaning I'm probably slightly biased. Still, I wasn't trying to make such a direct comparison; I just mentioned S&M by name because it sounded to me like the most recognizable $8.95 game I could think of.
I'd say S&M looks... fair, given the graphic style it's using. It's not Psychonauts, that's for sure, but it's not offensive to the eye, either.

Quote:
As for the copy protection, well, I can't really see how it's all that much worse than methods used for other downloadable commercial games out there, so I didn't really see much of a point in mentioning it in my review.
I don't remember copy protection on S&M:CS, and The Blackwell Legacy didn't have it. Did Al Emmo? It wouldn't have been too bad if you got the code when you purchased the game, but this extra step, after you've installed the game and you're just starting it up, of having to go back online to register and wait for the code to be emailed, that pissed me off.