View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #48
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Do you mean Where do the names come from? or What's going on between Hunk and Chick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Well, the latter of those questions is easily answered by the word "nothing", with the minor caveat that we're bandying about these stupid in-joke names.

As for where they come from, it's all to do with the German translation of Neverwinter Nights, but I suppose that I should let Jaz explain, because she'll have far more fun doing so.

Well, we were playing NWN in the first week of January (I believe it was Wednesday). We were starting "The Cave of Songs" (not the japanese version) for the second time, along with Stepsie. Suddenly, Tibsie's character suddenly said something with the word "Schnecke", which actually means "Snail", but can also be used to refer to a woman, in which case it most likely compares the woman to a type of pastry that is shaped like a snail. It loosely translates as "Chick".

I was slightly surprised at something like that being in the game, so I acted insulted, mockingly.

Later I realise that the "Schnecke" was actually in the sense of "Snail" as it was the "Follow me" gesture dialogue that Tibsie most likely had selected.

Still, the name stuck and we decide to see how long it would take until people wondered what's up with the "Chick" and "Hunk" name saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Well, I don't really think there's anything to ask. The names make me feel slightly nauseous, but really, that's about it.

Sorry if we made you nauseous...

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!