View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #28
sodapop
Banned User

Default Who cares?

Hey Jackal, I never said that Myst didn’t out sell MI, in the states or anywhere else. Since I’m not the one stating sales facts, then I’m not the one who needs to support my claims. I’m just asking that people support their claims correctly.

For instance; If I post that vitamin C cures colds, which many people believe, than I should link to any relative information regarding that claim. This would be prudent as vitamin C doesn’t cure colds, as many people believe, it only helps prevent them. And so I provide a link: http://straightdope.com/classics/a1_278.html

Maybe YOU (Mr. Know-It-ALL), know that Myst out sold MI but not everyone would and so FACTS should be provided. This is usually accepted practice, on most forums, I believe.

Also, the links you provided are for worldwide sales, and not for just the United States. So if you want to do my homework for me please be a little diligent in your practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
However, I wouldn’t doubt that Myst was more popular, on a worldwide scale. Very artsy, if you like that kind of thing.

Last edited by sodapop; 01-21-2007 at 08:47 AM.