View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #15485
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Yay! Note that this is just a theory of what race Willow is (Willow is the one character that no one knows upon which myth she is based, and what race she is based on. It's the big secret of the "Earthsong Saga"), and how she got to Earthsong (a strong emotion triggers the soulstone of creatures, and brings them to the planet Earthsong.).

And it's an explanation for Willow's hair.

Willow, you see, is in fact a member of a race of sentient, humanoid Baobab trees haling from a planet with a very arid climate. Being Baobab trees, her people are able to store large amounts of water to have a chance to survive. The water is not stored in their bodies, however, but in their hair, explaining Willow's big hair.

So basically that makes Willow a succulent (or at least her hair. I imagine it to be a bit like an Aloe leaf).

I think her remnant would be her being hunted by pygmy sheep that harvest the hair of the Baobabians to make soap out of the sap, which they need to keep their wool nice and fleecy. The harvesting does usually not kill the Baobabians, but it can technically reduce their chances of surviving until the hair has grown back enough. If too much of the Succulent-Baobab hair is harvested, the Baobabian can easily perish from lack of water. So Willow was running away from the pygmy sheep, terrified. It was this strong feeling of terror and fear for her life, that must have triggered her soulstone.

TheSpaceInvader added to that her father was a one-armed humanoid baobab tree gambler, gambling her off to the pygmy sheep. (That's Space's theory I think, which is a classic itself. Much older than mine. It wasn't always a baobab tree gambler, this was just said to apply it to my theory).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!