View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #289
bysmitty
Bad command or file name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine View Post
At home after a miserably rotten day at school. My astronomy teacher's been out the last three classes (which were also the first three classes) on jury duty. It's a high-profile local murder trial, and even though the verdict's been reached he still hasn't come back yet.

This morning the substitute (the second we've had; the first was a retired high-school principal who lectured to the class as though we were all five-year-olds) spent most of the lab-work session droning on about how his daughter learned astronomy at age three. That meant we were assigned a good chunk of the lab for homework, including a section that involved a CD which half the class doesn't own yet and which he didn't clearly point out (it's just one of several we have for the class).

So I go up to him to ask, and he can't even explain properly which CD it is, and doesn't know half of the books we have for the course. At which point I exclaim rather passionately how I wish the real teacher was back because I can't understand these directions.

At which point Mr. Boring Stories About My Daughter, instead of trying to sympathize with my emotions (which I'm pretty sure everyone else feels, even if they don't say so), made me stay after class and be lectured about how I had committed several violations of the Code of Student Conduct, blah blah blah, how I could be forcibly removed from the campus, blah blah blah, and how I needed to read the code OR ELSE. What a self-righteous blowhard.

I don't have a problem with authority so much as incompetent authority. Teachers who are familiar with the materials and subject, and who actually bloody teach and do so at a college level, I like. It's just these buffoons who think they're capable of teaching (or filling in in a pinch) when they obviously aren't...they make me sick.

So anyways, now I'm back from school and sulking a bit in my computer chamber. I swear, if there's one more day of these idiotic substitutes, I'm dropping the class faster than a flaming potato.
LMAO! I feel your pain. My astronomy class was taught by a short, fat, bald, bitter man who would talk incessantly about his ex-wife every class. I almost didn't pass the final due to knowing nothing about the sky and everything about the bastard's failed marriage.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!