View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #15333
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Can we also discuss whether or not Germany is part of Scandinavia? Maybe then we'd get some more snow (though probably not this year), so I can make some Calvin-style snowmen.

-
Britain is closer than Germany. I believe we should aim for closer relations with our Scandinavian brothers and sisters (well, some of them anyway. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
That cheeky Gilligan, how dare he try to use boredom against us, we invented boredom! Well Dickens did, personally I prefer ennui.
Ennui definitely has more class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
britain rules.
Yes, let's play all our games by Britain rules which are more polite than those crass American ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Aye, but the Hollywood versions are rarely as good as the original movie produced in another country.
The Ladykillers, The Wicker Man, Nattevagten (Remade as Night Watch with Ewan McGregor). Nikita (Remade as The Assassion with Bridget Fonda but without the style of the original). La Totale (Remade as True Lies with Arnold Schwarzenegger throwing away most of the plot). The list goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
don't forget the Wicker Man!
Dang, I was going to say that (but with the quotes in this order I said it first ) Also Jelena may or may not be considered to have beaten me to Nikita for the same reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Hey anybody want to buy some cookie dough from my daughter? I'll send you some chewing gum if you do.

I do not understand why schools need so many darned fundraisers
Because government funding these days is rubbish?

Can you get her to make some cookies and decorate in fun and interesting ways instead? I only buy stuff that requires child labour to produce it.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree