View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 10:35 PM   #9
Tamara

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
(unlike Tamz, for example, who has no such guilt).

I do use walkthroughs most of the time for adventure games though .. lots of the time, the solution is obscure, there's nothing else to do except solve it, and it's bloody frustrating if you *don't* .. so I prefer to just cheat through and enjoy the story, that's what I play adventures for, anyway. That said, there are a few adventure games that haven't made me utterly impatient and which I've solved myself (they have to be very, very logical though .. not easy, but logical .. I'll easily get pissed off if I'm stuck forever with not the slightest clue, and I don't play games to get frustrated). I must say the satisfaction is amazing. The one puzzle I had the most fun solving, definitely, was the talking-to-the-monkey one in Road to India. Unobvious enough to make you feel clever to have got the idea, but logical and easy to work out once you've grasped what to do.

I don't use walkthroughs for non-adventure games; occasionally use hints on fight strategy when I find myself repeatedly dying and I'm scared, though