View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
Lucien21
Psychonaut

If you get a 360 it also acts as a DVD player.

The Wii doesn't have DVD playback as standard.

Personally I think it depends on what you want from a console. The 360 has some class games, but tends towards the shooter end of the market (not many RPG's, which was an Xbox problem as well). It certainly has some fantastic games and most if not all of the PS3 games are also being released on the 360.

The Wii is unique and great fun to play (if a bit tiring), but so far mini games seem to be the flavour and i've yet to play Zelda for an extended period to see if it works as well as with a normal gamepad. Red Steel is fun, but not the greatest game. Rayman is mini game tastic and Wii Sports is enormous fun. Certainly more fun in groups.

The DS is the adventure game portable of choice and has some excellent games. It's also releatively cheap to pick up.

360 for serious gaming, Wii for fun and parties or the DS for portability.

Hard choice. If i had to pick i'd say 360.

p.s I think the 360 has a decent chance of spliting the market with the PS3. The PS3 is not selling as well as they had hoped, even in Japan. When more titles are released it might take off, but Sony will have no where near the market share they had with the PS2. (anyone who says differently is a PS fanboy)