View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #13
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Best Director ? Peter Jackson. Actually, I seem to be in minority in thinking that Lord of the Rings finale was slightly weaker than the previous two installments, but Jackson?s work was so far underrated by the Academy, so it would be a fair choice
Well, I'm of the opinion that ROTK was slightly better than TTT, but unquestionably not as strong as FOTR, the best of series by far.

Quote:
Best Supporting Actress ? Zellweger in Cold Mountain

Quote:
Best Adapted Screenplay ? hmm, why not LOTR, especially seeing how miserable most of its opponents look? Surely it wasn?t easy to extract a cohesive screenplay from the Tolkien?s two thousand page epic (even though they shouldn?t have excluded Saruman!).
Er... Have you seen American Splendor? The last thing I would ever call it is "miserable" (at least if you're talking about quality). I'd pick that over ROTK.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright