View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #18
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Anyway, as everyone else was saying 2006 indeed didn't have its masterpieces, as opposed to solid games, from the looks of it (there are a couple of more games I'll have to catch up on to be sure), and it's especially sad after the awesome 2005. (Seriously, I believe a case could be made for Fahrenheit, Voyage and Phoenix Wright all getting 4.5-star ratings (although only the last one actually did). For a genre that's supposed to be dead, three must-plays ain't bad. )
I liked Voyage but... a must play? And Fahrenheit?

Franckly, the only two games that I consider even eligible in the last 2 or 3 years are Myst 4 and Still Life, and they both have many detractors.

But really, who cares? There have been plenty enough in the last years to satisfy someone who actually wants to play an adventure game. Why keep waiting for the Messiah of Adventure Games? (mag?)
Why not just enjoy the fact that we still get a whole bunch of fun AGs, that still manage not be different from each other? We've got The Black Mirror, we've got Syberia, we've got Da Vinci, Dreamfall, Dark Fall, we've got all kinds of Myst.
Me, I'm glad. As I've said a few times before, I was used to believe that I would never play an AG again, after Myst spawned a shitload of clones. I've been proven wrong.

So 2006 was a good year, as was 2005, and 2004 before it.

EDIT: And in regards to the original question, the only game that I'm waiting for is Simon the Sorcerer 4, because I really like this series. But the others could be nice. I'll just wait and see.