View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #611
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Dear AG Community Blog,

Tomorrow morning, I'm finally leaving the US of A and going back to my home country of Canadia. School starts in less than a week. I'm not sure how that makes me feel.

My cousin just braided my hair into cornrows. It looks cute.

As with Christmas, I spent New Year's Eve with my extended family. Tons of fun and craziness, as one would expect. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I noticed that I'm getting to be at that age where a lot of people around me are starting to couple up, and in many situations, I end up being the third/fifth/seventh/etc. wheel when hanging out. This bothers me a lot less than it would most people, it seems. In fact, I'd say it's unnervingly comfortable.

Did I ever tell you that two short years ago, I was considering getting married? At nineteen, to boot? I can't tell you how glad I am that I didn't end up doing so; it would've ruined my life. Looking back at that time, deep down inside, I didn't really feel comfortable with being perceived as half a couple. Still don't. Don't think I ever will. I've always been a lone wolf. For me, finding love is more a matter of finding common ground with another lone wolf-type rather than finding someone to complete me. Weird, that.

They say, however, that the price of being a wolf is loneliness. Aching, bone-crushing loneliness. I know that all too well. And yet... if I hadn't been as lonely as it was, I wouldn't have come here. I wouldn't have had any motivation to leave Vancouver and start over again in a strange place where no one knew me. And I wouldn't have given myself the opportunity to work at a job I loved, to live the kind of life I've always dreamed of living.

Now, I'm coming back, and everything will be just as I left it. Only I'll have changed. A lot. It's gonna be interesting, I tell you.

See you on the other side,
Squinky