View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #8
Aj_
Beyond Belief

I only played BS4 and Dreamfall of the adventures made this year. They were both disappointments, BS4 not so much because BS2 and 3 were also disappointments. Dreamfall was such a disappointment I wasn't ready to post a proper critic of the story until this week, many weeks after playing it (close to the time it was released. So this is hard for me, because I'd only give it two and a half stars.

I didn't touch Moment of Silence because of reviews that mentioned things that would fustrate me too much (flawed gameplay, controls, and dialogue), and the plot sounded generic and uninteresting (like Indigo Phophecy). Overclocked has a terrible name, but it sounds like it has an interesting premise, and if the content is quality (and there seems to be a lot content), this game could get 5 stars easily. If House of Tales have learned from their experience, improve of the technical side of making games then this could turn out to be a good game.

I don't know much about Gray Matter, but I like the concept art. Apparantly it's going to a standard adventure, but they can be done well, or they can be done badly, atleast the format is tried, if not revolutionary, it should work.