View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #30
TangentBlack
Vigilant

With Tabula Rasa and Huxley, I see a rise of a new FPS/RPG MMORPG that I am suprised has not picked up much popularity. Perhaps it is because there have not been any good games of the genre, but I feel that these two might be groundbreaking in their own ways. I am not quite sure if I know what you are looking for in an innovative game, but I do sympathize with the fact that you feel the gaming community is recieving a few to many stereotypical cookie cutter games. As I am sure you do as well, I like to look for obscure independent gaming companies to fuel my interest. I can always count on hearing about the first party games from multiple sources as they get a plethora of advertisment, but one must keep vigilant of games that fly under the radar.

Often enough, however, the third parties gain so much spotlight from the interest they cook up that they look like just another company trying to make a fast buck on the big wave of video gaming. It can be difficult to filter the good and the bad using screenshots as a primary guide, but like I said, looks are most definetly decieving.