View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #76
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
DUDES! We got a Netgear router some months ago, and I recently wanted to play some more Battle.net games, only to discover that everything has gone to hell. Ok, obviously you need to free the ports and all that. So I did that. Btw, is a static IP absolutely necessary?

In any case, I was able to connect to games again - sometimes. But the connection to Battle.net was lost after just a couple of minutes, a guaranteed lost game for me. I've lost five or so matches because of this shit. I googled and found out that other people also have problems with Netgear routers and battle.net. What's also weird is that as soon as I connect, ICQ shuts down. Advice?

If nobody but me is online, I can connect our cable modem directly to my machine, and that works as well as it did before, but mostly that's not an option.
I can't really offer much networking help but i do remember that we had similar problems at the net cafe i used to run a year ago. The guy that looked after our network used to have to open some specific port for it to work and then still we couldn't host games there only join them. It took something in the firewall to change to be allowed to host games. Here's what i suggest. Try (in the warcraft options b4 connecting to bnet) changing your game port to a different number? see if that works... have a read of the manual of your router too and see if it has commands to allow certain game ports through. Let me know how you go.

GoT