View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #42
Spiwak
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic View Post
Well, this thread is oddly interesting - lots of people who are very quick to judge the police, and at the same time oddly unwilling to allow anyone to judge the person who was shot.

So, I'm confused; can someone perhaps tell me what the stance is? Is consensus that judging people based on a single action is wrong - or not?
It seems you're mostly referring to me, and maybe I should clarify: I wasn't judging the officer, either. I think he made a mistake, wouldn't have killed anyone if he didn't feel like he had to (this is based purely on what information we have, assuming the guy wasn't armed/threatening).

I just think we should respect people's lives a little more than some people show in this thread. I mean c'mon, I for one can't believe people actually think the guy "had it coming" or that it's not a big deal he was killed because he broke the law. Also, making value judgements on the deceased is really what was bothering me, assuming things about his character because of one incident of theft/battery that we know of.

But, my opinion goes like this: killing > theft, no matter intent.