View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
Monroeski

I played through and enjoyed Fable, but it seemed a little unpolished and rushed. I think that once they realized they couldn't do all that they said they would be able to, they just cut their losses and put it out. I didn't like the fact that you could just "buy" good points and bad points. I didn't think the character building was all that great in practice, and it was way too easy to be good at two of the three (closer to the end, all three out of three). You could get married constantly, and "divorce" fairly easily with basically no downsides.

There were a few other things I don't feel like listing out, but the overall message they advertised with the game was "live out a character's life where all your choices matter," when I didn't think any decision you made really mattered at all. There were the little "help the little girl, she says thanks when you come back years later" touches, but they seemed too obvious.

Still, I liked the game, and I'll probably reinstall it and play again sometime soon. I'm just glad I didn't pay full price for it.