View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #17
NemelChelovek
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGothic View Post
I don't know what you consider Gaiman's major works, but it's bloody well obvious that Ragnar Tørnquist read the Sandman comics. TLJ shares many similarities with the A Game of You storyline which was published around 1991-92.
Oh dear, I do look the ass. I always forget about the Sandman when I think of Gaiman; in my mind, I think of him as a novelist, so I always forget that he's done more work in graphic novels than in printed ones. I can't believe I didn't remember those even existed...wow. Forget what I said.

Quote:
The plot of The Longest Journey is straight from Michael Ende's novel The Neverending Story. Many would prefer to gloss over this because The Longest Journey was a good adventure game. This is sweeping things under the carpet.
Now, this one I've read, so I feel safe enough disagreeing with you. I've read Ende's novel, and I really don't understand where you're coming from with this one. It does involve someone traveling between worlds, but that's where the major similarities end, as far as I can see.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson