View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #167
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Cool! Oh man, I wish Horrorsoft would have been making these forever. I was so excited seeing a company focusing on gory horror games at that time... Did you finish Waxworks without a walkthrough? Oh, and I thought the cemetery section kicked major butt. I still remember the day I got my copy, opened the heavy box (WTF? 10 disks), a friend came arround, I let him play. He knocked off a zombie's head with his bare fists, couldn't kill it and ran like crazy. Only to realize the zombie (minus its head) was still after him! That was.. amazing. My heart was racing like crazy later that night and I was playing with the lights on.

A couple of days later another friend was so excited that he told his mom about this cool new game he's going to buy in which you're getting your insides turned out by undead, your arms and legs removed by a mutant plant, and countless other cruelties. Needless to say, mom said: "NO!"
Waxworks was one of the games I wanted to play when I was younger but never got my hands on. I remember I glared on a walkthrough in a computer magazine that also had more screenshots from the game and I avoided to read the text so it wouldnt spoil me. I am a fan of both horrorgames and roleplaying games so Waxworks was kinda meant for me.

Although with the really old games I use walkthroughs theese days. I have too many games that I like to play through and I mostly go for the story/experience not so much chasing puzzles.

The zombiebashing was fun, but the Cemetary part was very short.