Thread: Procrastination
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 02:52 PM   #17
scabb
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

I had coursework to hand in today, so last night I disconnected the internet, loaded my word document, armed myself with a caffeinated beverage and bashed out a few sentences. Then I started to get some sort of intangible irritation, so I got up and paced about the landing for a few minutes. Then I wandered into my sleeping brothers bedroom and began stacking books on his person, a game which I cleverly branded "Bookaroo" (He didn't "Buck", though). I spent an overly large amount of time playing with a dressing gown belt after that.

When I did eventually get going, I churned out a hell of a lot more than I should have, and I did manage to obtain "that" feeling (something like a combination of coffee churning about in your insides and satisfaction). Essay-wise, generally I just repeat points I've already made, frequently use elaborate words and annoying phrases such as "ascertain as to whether", and attempt to sound smart - ambiguous & pretentious wins the race!

I think I have work due in tomorrow morning, but the skin around my thumbnails looks delicious.