View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #31
Dea ex Machina

I thought CMI Guybrush was pretty darn cute. Gawky and adorable. And lately I've suprised myself by really warming to King Graham, largely due to the AGD remakes of King's Quest I and II, especially II. He's sort of got this broad-shouldered earnest thing going for him.

My biggest adventure game crush, though? Manny Calavera. Not so much for his looks, obviously (though his face was suprisingly expressive), but that beautiful VOICE. Ay-yie-yie. That accent.

Also, the personality of the character, the whole hard-boiled world-weary thing, and the charm, and the fact that he could take care of himself. Not like some game characters who walk off freakin' cliffs if you don't take them by the hand every step of the way. I don't need to tell Manny to run away from the demon beavers. Manny was smart enough to run away from the demon beavers his own d*mn self.

Manny had the brains and the balls to act without my input if he had to, and even go AGAINST my instructions if he didn't feel like jumping when I said jump.
Spoiler:
I told Manny to dig through the kitty litter? He just laughed. For like a minute.
Now there's a man you can respect. Hands off, Meche, he is MINE.

On the female side of things, eh, not as qualified to judge, but I'll go with TLJ April. Cute and artsy, with enough snark in her personality to be fun. And I liked the tie-dyed shirt. The beauty mark is neat too.