Thread: Now playing
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #1670
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Aww.. I linked to this because the chorus and the general sound of both songs are damn similar. "Welcome to the Black Parade" minus the marching music introduction and its bombastic arrangements could have easily been a track on "Three cheers...". In fact, it's still pretty much a reprise of "I'm not okay" to me. Admit it, it's the piano that got you!
Sam, you've made me sit down and listen to these songs some more and I have to admit there are similarities. I'm not OK is "growing" but I can't help that Welcome... with like you said marching intro and bombastic arrangements made a whole different impression on me. (Don't forget that I used to be a big Queen-fan in my youth. And yes, that piano in the beginning did catch my attention.) What I really need to do is listen to the other songs a lot more. Not all songs are appreciated at once. And often those are the ones you like for a longer time than those apparent great songs like Welcome..

Quote:
I don't know if your son has the full album (pretty nice artwork!), but there's a lot of stuff on "The Black Parade". My fav is probably "Mama", and that's not because of Liza Minnelli, although she suits that tune damn fine. "Cancer" I like as well, although most people seem to hate it. Quite a little bit of Lennon going on there.
He's got a whole bunch of MCR songs on the computer. I'm going to have him fill my mp3 with all kinds of great songs to listen to during the flight to Gran Canaria this Christmas.