View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #1826
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I took the comment the way it felt like it was meant to me - seriously. If it was only meant jokingly, I have a difficult time reading that in some people. I wouldn't have said anything even though the original post ticked me off but when Terabin replied - 'I give a shit' followed by Spiwak's correcting of his own post, that's when I decided to say something because it felt like it was a serious comment to me. Also, whatever Spiwak meant, he's the only one who knows for sure. And Spiwak's post was inspired by Lucien's who posted on his death to begin with (which I obviously had no problem with). That's all I'm going to say about it.
Obviously you can interpret what he said however you wish. Anyone can. My own interpretation is that Spiwak made a pretty harmless comment and you got extremely pissed off and made a scene. But that's just me. And I like you Melanie, I enjoy reading your opinions and posts in general. This is not an attack on you whatsoever. I just honestly couldn't figure out why you got so upset. However, different things affect people in different ways (deaths of people, interpretations of comments by people, etc.) so I'm not saying you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
That scene impressed me more than any other in that particular film simply because when one is in a situation like that, time really does seem to go into slow motion. That scene was so utterly realistic and well-constructed (the drug dealer coked out of his gourd and babbling incessantly, the boy-toy in his own little world playing with firecrackers and raising everyone's tension level), it actually triggered the only anxiety attack I've ever had the first time I watched it.
Well, for the record, I have seen Boogie Nights twice in my life (once at theaters when I was 17, and again the next year on DVD). All I have of that scene are distant memories (I'm 26 now), but I remember being reminded of John Woo, and that's just not the best feeling to get in a film like this. Perhaps if I watched it again I'd get a different impression. But speaking of accurately representing certain situations or highs on film, I was impressed recently by the scene in the Japanese club in Babel. It felt so...real.

Last edited by Once A Villain; 11-25-2006 at 10:20 AM.