View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #84
Spiwak
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Have you never played System Shock 2? You are not supposed to know about what's going on, the city's intentions or what it looked like "before". The narrator give you the official story, not the whole truth. The purpose of the fight is to pop questions in your head. If you think you got what happened there, and that it had anything to do with "moral choices" or "little girls" then the trailer fooled you.

The game itself actually look that good, except that you might not see your hands move like that.
What I proposed doesn't deteriorate this mystery at all. If anything my idea would generate more questions than a random action scene that then becomes the center-piece of the trailer. Showing the city before and after, or simply showing more of the dessicated city with the creepy ambience it was establishing would make us question "what happened here?" and things about the mystery of the environment, which is why the game, like SS2, is so intriguing in the first place. And which is more compelling than whatever questions the fight scene might have raised.

The second half of the trailer basically catered to the FPS crowd, is the way I see it.