View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #81
The Impostor
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Actually, I must thank you for bringing this to my attention. I made a mistake. I immediately assumed Relek was talking about the argument used in the post above his, ie. that people already seem to have stopped posting anything, and this was what I referred to as invalid. It never occured to me until I read Jackal's and your posts that "the argument" was more likely to mean the whole discussion in this context. My bad.
Oh! No worries, then. Words eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
The decision how to deal with the current state of affairs had to be made now.
Yes, that's true. No one's right! Argument ended! Huzzah!

Quote:
I disagree, and consider the analogies you're making to be over the top,
Over-the-top analogies are where it's at, man. It's like if you hit someone over the head with a brick rather than a feather to make your point.

Quote:
(And as long as the majority didn't seem to share your concerns, I think it also doesn't need to.)
What do the majority know? By their very nature, their points of view are generic and "common". Only the true thinkers can step outside the frame and nod objectively. I vote for reverse-democracy; those with the courage and intelligence to disagree with the majority deserve the power!

Quote:
Who?
Ah, my apologies! It was bound to happen after typing it five times in a row. Feel free to misspell my name(s).