View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #13
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
But where we live at now there is just about every conveniences of the big city. I like where I'm at, the middle
I agree entirely and that's the situation I'm in as well. Technically, I live in a suburb, but it's Frisco, TX (one of the fastest growing suburbs in the U.S., it was #2 a year or so ago I believe). Population was about 34,000 in 2000, and as of 2005 was over 75,000. Plus, it's pretty much an extension of another city I've lived in called Plano. And that suburb has a population of 222,000. These suburbs have the FEEL of a suburb and a big city at the same time. I mean, Dallas is right down the road if I want to explore the big city (which I often do), but even Plano houses big corporate headquarters like Frito-Lay, JC Penney, Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Electronic Data Systems (EDS), and Cinemark theaters.

So, basically I feel like I'm "in the middle" too, and I love that. The suburbs I call home "have all the convenciences of the big city", as you say, but if I want to go bigger, Dallas is right there. If I want to go smaller...well...I wouldn't. Heh.