View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 AM   #43
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
...literally everything I've done as The Impostor has broken these guidelines.
Not at all. I think the "guess the identity" thread was perfectly valid. Dragged on too long, but the concept was fun and I'll say it again: there is room in this forum for fun and playful threads!

But here's the thing (and why no one should take this personally): if it was just ONE person doing it, there wouldn't be a problem. But when a whole page of Chit Chat threads is littered with similar threads because many are doing the same thing at the same time, and the other threads are internally filled with the same conversations by the same people, then the forum becomes unbalanced and then there's a problem.

And the issues listed should not be isolated, either. (I only separated them for convenience.) Not a single one is an insurmountable problem in and of itself. But when combined, the forum quickly bogs down and collapses in on itself.

We don't want people to afraid to post, for fear of breaking some dogmatic "rules". Again, that's not what these are. We just want people to be aware of the bigger picture.