View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
lobotomy42

Default Sam and Max Hit the Road - Do I not get it?

I finally started playing the original Sam and Max to prep myself for Telltale's new game, and I'm almost through with it. However, I have to say...I don't particularly care for it.

It's not that I find it a bad game per se, but just not a great one - certainly not the classic everyone tells me it is. The plot is barely present, and the puzzles are typical adventure fare, nothing particularly memorable. So the only thing left to carry the game is the humor. I do enjoy the game's sense of humor, at least most of it, but it feels like the jokes are few and far between. Sam and Max have some good exchanges with each other and nice one-liners, but the majority of the locales and other characters are just weird. Not weird as in funny, just weird as in...weird for weird's sake. I guess this is amplified by the seeming lack of interactive objects. So few things to examine!

I don't know, am I missing something? I really want to like this game as much as I like the first two Monkey Island's and Day of the Tentacle, but I'm just not feeling it.