Thread: Gothic 3
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 04:46 AM   #24
TangentBlack
Vigilant

In regards to the first "bug" about the factions. Pirahna Bytes specifically said that this game would be unlike any other. Meaning, you WILL NOT be able to complete every single quest and you must take the quests as they come. This very realistic method is perhaps a nightmare for some RPG players who stress too much about obtaining XP and the best items possible.
The fact that some factions actually attack you is really a no brainer. You can't be the darling of every single faction in the game. You can help many out to start and can continue to do so later in the game. However, like it should be, the Rebels will not like you helping the opposition. This is why you must choose factions like the Rebels and Nomads, or the Hashashin and Mercs. You see, it really is a more realistic interpretation of the world rather than just getting your kicks killing and helping everyone. It CANNOT be done. You can beat the game even if you happen to be anger one specific faction. You just have to play smart after that and make sure that you go to cities that you feel safe enough to reside in for a while.

Spoiler:
This system does have its flaws. There are a few specific quests that I have heard that could or could not be vital to you finishing the game but it really depends how you play. One still should in theory be able to find Xardas with the help of rebels and so forth....

Now the second bug is most likely a legit bug. Most of the higher level characters are meant to be killed when you are at a higher level. The boars and snappers that continue to be a problem because they knock you down with unearthly power should really not happen. This is a problem that they need to fix. About the random items, this was intentional. The items were not supposed to gradually appear as you increase in level like some omnipotent hand is placing things in chests as you continue to level up. The items are random, but items do not mean a whole lot when you a) can't use them at all because of your stats or b) don't play smart to begin with. Just because you found a flame sword or a Nimrod Bow doesnt mean you will start dominating everything in site. PB made it so you will have to be vigilant in all areas, and at all levels.

I think they did a great thing breaking away from the normal cookie cutter format and gave us something real and actually choice driven.

Spoiler:
It won't let me edit my post so I just had to write a new one. The quest with Bradley is an actual bug as well. There are a few known kinks in the formula, but essentially is supposed to play out like I just explained.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 10-27-2006 at 05:02 AM. Reason: merged