View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 05:45 AM   #34
PolloDiablo
Chicken with a bite

Third attempt... my browser apparently doesn't like this forum...

I have flown from Amsterdam to Auckland vv twice.
First time was a few years ago with China Airlines. Amsterdam - Bangkok - Taipei - Sydney - Auckland. We had 10 hours or so in Taipei so we spent the night in a hotel. Inflight entertainment nothing special. Remember seeing the most awful movie ever (something about cheerleaders, forgot exact title). Trip took 36 hours in all, but because we had slept we had no jetlag to speak of. The trip back was with Singapore Airlines as China Airlines had stopped servicing Auckland. This plane had individual screens in the chairs. Unfortunately, the girl in front of me leaned back so far that "my" screen was literally in my lap. She did not understand English and the stewardesses were not able to convince her to be a bit more lenient towards her fellowpassengers either. Only during meals she sat upright. I was able to look at her screen over her head but she only watched silly romantic stuff... Fortunately this was only one leg and I brought books I could read (above my head, because the chair was still on my lap) so my arms got quite tired...

Second trip was with Air New Zealand Amsterdam - London - Los Angeles - Auckland vv. This was recently so I saw Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnny English, Charlies Angels and Tombraider. Not the best-of-the best, but they killed a few hours.
For the stopovers I brought my GBA SP with Broken Sword and a few other games (and books).

By the way, Hi everyone. I was a member at the old forum, but for some reason never got around to register again. Someone might remember me (probably not). Am female, married, love adventure games and RPGs, Sphynx cats, rock/blues/jazz/metal and dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa.