View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:58 AM   #17
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

This is so funny. I JUST watched this trailer. I've been following Gears for a while and I can't wait to play it... but this trailer was just a little too predictable and cliche for me. Sad, moving song played over game footage.... yawn.

I was thinking if they would have had SOME sound FX mirroring the actual action on the screen it may have been more effective. Instead, I just came away thinking it was all very forced... kind of like the way I feel about "Donnie Darko". Everyone sees so much depth in that damn film but I'm just like uh... seemed to be different and "deep" for the sake of being a "deep indie film" in my opinion.

Still, I can't wait to play the game. As for the trailer, bleh.

love the old song though.

David Fincher's BEST work as far as I'm concerned? His work with MADONNA (Express Yourself, Vogue, and the absolutely AMAZING video BAD GIRL featuring Christopher fucking Walken. If you haven't seen it.. check it out!) and the film ALIEN 3.

I just LOVE David Fincher's work.. all those gorgeous blues and yellows he uses. The dark moody atmosphere is evident in everything he does. It all deserves to be seen. His cinematography skills are brilliant.

I dunno what the fuss is over his work on the trailer though.

Last edited by eriq; 10-26-2006 at 10:19 AM.