View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #20
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
I'm sorry to have to dissagree with you Flyboy but the hype usually doesn't work out with the facts.

Fact #1: Most folks do not reallize what the largest producer of greenhouse gasses, pollution, ozone depleting chemicals, and carbon monoxide isn't human beings but the Earth herself. The actual ejection of material from man is less than 1% of the total that comes from volcanic and storm activity.

Fact #2: The last few thousand years according to actual PHYSICAL evidence from ice core samples in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres shows that we have been in a much more stable in the last few hundred years. For instance, 5000 years ago the North American Plains went through a 1000 year drought, There weren't enough humans to cause it.

Also the core samples from the ice sheets show that during a warming trend that happens more regularly than people know since they do not live for several thousand years. Also it was found that when the Earth does warm up the melting ice sheets cool the oceans and regulate the temperature. This also proves that man is not as powerful as he wishes to be, a fact some find hard to believe.

I could be extremely rude and say thet you're about as stupid as Bush, but I'm gonna not do that because I think you're a smart person, but maybe been a bit mislead..
It's axtually a concensus between sientists that this global warming is man-made. The Bush administration have for years backed up under sientists that has been questioning this, and even they have changed their mind. Every critical rapport on this issue has been edited heavily by the white house before it's released, and one of the most terrifying reports was supposed to be released a month before the election, but was, by some strange coincidence hold back until after Bush had won...

(I just saw a documentary about this, my grandmother filmed it, but I can't remember witch language it's in.. I can probably get hold of it if you want to see it)

Do you actually doubt that the world is round? There isn't any proof of this, but since it's a concensus among sientists that the world is round, it's counted as a fact. America needs to stop making exuses about why they don't do anything/need to do anything, and start making regulations about factories and car milage, and support other ways of transportation, among other things electric cars..

Al Gore's movie was for us Norwegians (at least, and probably many other European countries) old news, we've heared about this for years, and nobody here is talking about whether or not we're produsing this, they're talking about what we can do to stop it.. It's a slow process because oil companies and such don't want to spend money on such things as cleaning of air, and the government is a bunch of pussies, but we have at least realised the threat..

Quote:
Fact #3: America has more oil reserves than any other country. The Alaskan Oil Reserve and Gulf of Mexico Oil Reserve are as large as all the Middle Eastern Oil Deposits. Runnig out of oil in the next hundred years is not a problem, The need to find cleaner ways to produce energy is. (woops went into editorial mode)

Now for my editorial mode.
1: There is no way for the world to run out of resources.
2: Never trust scientists unless they can completely PROVE there work. I can theorize that the Universe is strapped to a hummingbirds ass but that doesn't make it true. The global Tempurature went down .7 degrees last summer,(fact) IT"S AN ICEAGE COMING!! (theory). Scientists get recognition and funding do to them getting published and recognized, and almost all media in the world revolves around bad news, therefore a person who sounds like they know what there saying starts screaming "The Sky is Falling" everyone looks up and says "I see a chunk right there!!" and catches bird poop in the face

And on your fact three, do you really support the idea that when America spends up the oil they've been using up to now (a lot of it coming from warlands as Iraq, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia) they can just start pumping from the nature reservates.. you don't think chopping down a whole lot of forest will hurt us in some way?

I agree that you shouldn't trust anything sientists say only because they're sientists, but being used in this context only sounds like "I don't wanna loose all my spraybox food and maybe pay more for my car".
Answer me this: Does it hurt society that we cut down on oil, spray boxes, CO2 and other such stuff? does it hurt that we force the factories to clean their gasses and think about nature?

Any way you put it, even if you don't believe in global warming, you can still see the effect the factories toxins have on forest and animals..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Last edited by Panthera; 10-25-2006 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added quote