View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:31 AM   #9
doughy white
Head up in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
See it this way: Mankind wasn't made to last forever. That's how I see it anyway. And surely, evolution came up with better ideas than to create humans.

This might sound misanthropic, but any kind of species dominating an entire system which once worked on the principle of balance, um, I think you know where I'm getting with this.

It's not so much about the question wether your children, or grand grandchildren, or grand grand grandchildren are going to face the real consequences, it's that one generation *is* going to do that. That's not hyperbole. When you're reading about stuff that the plans to build low fuel cars have been existing FOR MORE THAN 20 or 30 years, and that they could've been very well made for just as long, yet corporations are still churning out their big, fat family vans and monster cars and whatsnot, you're getting a good idea of what makes humanity tick.

I think that's okay, in the end. We're pretty much getting the most out of everything and enjoying ourselves.

Yeah, it's best we're wiped off this planet anyway since it appears we've lost that inbuilt gene of replication and survival. Any 'stupid' animal will go to any lengths to make sure its offsprings (species) survive. Only humans seem to be so superior to such primitive impulses that we don't really care for our continuity. Maybe on a higher level? ... It's just a shame that most of the innocent animals and plants who made this planet a beautiful place are sinking with us....

By the way, I'm amazed at an argument that comes up with condemning the big bad corporations and making them responsible for the mess. If it weren't for us consumers, these guys wouldn't sell as much as one SUV on this planet. It's all about supply and DEMAND. Not to say we should regress to Stone Age but let's just stop bloody boosting our egos with SUVs, electric everything, light and heating orgies and more of that energy-craving atmosphere-killing show-off shyte (see Curt's list above! Not only sensible but also darling money saving).