View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 AM   #8
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
I was actually just thinking today "what ever happened to that global warming thing?" Over here, in Florida, it's been getting colder a lot sooner than usual. Also, there weren't any major hurricanes to speak of (or maybe I haven't been watching the news enough), which contradicts the predictions I kept hearing last year.

I'm sure it isn't gone but I just thought it odd.

Global Warming does not mean "Warmer Weather". Global Warming causes screwed temperatures and weather extremes, in both directions. So while some places will be getting hotter weather, other places are going to have extremely cold winters.

In the long term, it means that hotter places are going to become hotter (expansion of deserts too, for example), while moderately warm places are going to experience harsher winters, and hotter summers. And two extremes are not good, not good at all.

The opinion that "Global Warming" means "Warmer Weather" is a terrible misconception, that sadly is very common.

(correct me if I mixed something up. It's been some time since my last Geography lesson)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!