View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #44
Kingzjester
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
To make this analogy again: currently Adam sandler is one of Hollywood's biggest box office draws. His movies make zillions of dollars. Yet on any critical level, they pretty much universally suck.

Adam Sandler's movies are supported almost entirely by exactly the age group most dominant on this forum.

In many polls, 16-24 year olds overwhelmingly reply that they "will not watch" a movie made in black-and-white.

I think that says a lot about why some older folks might not take the entertainment opinions of younger folks seriously.

Also, realize that we codgers already know something that younger folks don't realize and will often scream until they are blue in the face isn't true: that one's opinions about a great many things, from entertainment to politics, undergo some radical changes in the years between ages 25-28.
I'm sorry Jim, but that is a load of bull and it really pisses me off. If you were closer and I was sure from your general facial expressions and body language and tone of voice that you were serious, I would punch you in the yarbles with great prejudice.

DOES NOT THIS STRIKE YOU AS VAGUELLY IDIOTIC, THOU EUNICH JELLY THOU:

Premises:

- Many idiotic 21-year-olds buy Adam Sandler's lunch.
- Kingzjester is a 21 year old.

Therefore:

- Kingzjester likes Adam Sandler.

When in fact:

- Kingzjester hates Adam Sandler and is ready to harm other people to get that point across.

Oh, and on an altogether different note, Fairygodmother, I hate children. That would influence my opinion on an 8-year-old gamer's opinion more than any sort of simple age math voodoo. But then again, if the kid has something wise to say (which can and does happen, it happens as often as it happens with adults: very, very rarely), I am not going to send him to his cradle to rock some more because he is third my age.