View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
spiderj

Default Finally

I'll try to keep spoiler talk at a minimum for you people who don't/can't get Gametap, or are waiting for the Telltale release. I've been wanting to talk about this for the past week and a half, but didn't want to get in trouble with Gametap or Telltale (or remove my access to future games!). I pretty much agree with the review here, as well as with Chris Kohler's over at Wired.

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/ga...ulture_games_1

The voice actors can be hit and miss. One of the Soda Poppers was way too high-pitched for me, and the Tattoo artist/Psychoanalyst only seemed to click half the time. Brady Culture needs to actually become a villain. Max is dead on, but Sam is a little softer than the last game and the TV show.

As far as the gameplay, I wasn't too upset with the length. I actually spaced it out over the course of three days, playing about an hour each time (not counting when I had to start from scratch when a patch was applied). I might have gotten upset if I played it through in one sitting, but it felt right at the pace I used.

The puzzles are on the easy side, as you'd expect from the opening game. I was only stumped a bit at the end, and actually accidentally solved the puzzle (though afterwards, it was apparent why I solved it).

Definitely follow all the dialog trees to the end, it's worth it. I loved pulling people over and interrogating them. I hope Telltale expands on that portion of the game in future episodes, and gives Max a chance to be more sadistic.

All in all, I can't wait for next month.